October 2021 Challenge
ClayShare 2021 Challenge • 4m 20s
Shape: Lidded Forms
Theme: Gourds & Pumpkins
Fall is here and for this month’s challenge we are looking to nature for inspiration. Gourds and Pumpkins are great forms to create in clay or to put on your ceramic surface. Lidded forms can be anything that has a lid, jars, teapots, canisters, mugs, pitchers, really anything open top form you can think to make can have a lid!
1. You can make any Lidded Form you like. It can be decorated with any texture or design you want or just leave off the texture and let the glaze shine!
2. Paint or carve your own Pumpkin/Gourd design or use them as embellishments on any shape by sculpting or using a cookie cutter then attaching them to the form.
3. Try glazing your pieces with glazes that are the colors of Pumpkins and gourds.
4. If you are still loving last month’s Platter challenge, then why not continue it by using images or textures of Pumpkins/Gourds on your platter.
Here are some ClayShare classes to inspire you:
Pumpkin Trinket Dishes
Wheel Thrown Lidded Jar
Wheel Thrown Teapot
Fairy House Teapot
Remember the ClayShare challenge is meant to challenge you, but it is also meant to be fun and inspire you to try new things. Please do not put pressure on yourselves or compare your work to others, everyone is at different places in their pottery journey. Just work at your own pace and if this challenge is not for you then you can skip it or go back and do a past challenge instead.
I can’t wait to see what you all make this month!
Up Next in ClayShare 2021 Challenge
November 2021 Challenge
This month’s challenge we are focusing on Bakeware and things that you do, see, eat or use in the Autumn.
1. You can make any type of Bakeware dish, hand built or wheel thrown.
2. Autumn inspired projects can be using Autumn glaze colors, Autumn imagery on your pot...
December 2021 Challenge